First ask yourself, what do you do to feed your soul?
The Zen Guy, Michael Huffman, is nourished pursuing:
- International Travel: France and Bali in particular and writing about Zen activities in those places
- Movement: Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Five-Rhythms Dance & Thai Massage
- Good Food: Chocolate in particular
- Living Simply: Green, Eco-friendly home design
What has The Zen Guy done thus far:
- Traveled for 20+ years as a road warrior in corporate America & lived to tell about it. Sort the blog’s ‘Story Topics’ by ‘Road Warrior’s Memoir’.
- Became a certified yoga teacher at age 45 (RYT200) and created iPhone apps: “Airplane Yoga” and “Yoga for Office Professionals”
- Quit the finance job in corporate America at age 47 to take his 82 year-old father to Bali to build a house
- Downsized from a beautiful 4-bedroom home to a downtown Seattle 612 SF condo
- Rented out that condo and built a green, eco-friendly home in Ubud, Bali using rammed earth, rainwater collection for a water supply, natural plant and fish eco-system to process grey water and a bamboo structure.
What was The Zen Guy up to in 2012:
- Tasting chocolate in every Chocolatier (artisanal chocolate shop) in Paris!
- Writing about the most Zen Activities to be found in Paris and Bali
- Building the most eco-friendly, sustainable house ever constructed in Bali
- Rolling out ‘Just Romantic Paris – Ideas, Maps and Activities for Two to the gastronomic, romantic and cultural capital of Europe’